Thursday, October 26, 2006

Plasma

Owning a house can sure tire you out!

The last week and a half I have spackled, primed, painted, scrubbed, drilled, installed, screwed (not the fun kind), and hammered enough to last me for 20 years. The good folks at Home Depot now wave to me when I show up twice a day. There is still a lot to do, but we are getting there.

Big day yesterday....... deliveries!! I had been in a rush all week to get the living room painted because on wednesday the furniture was getting delivered. We bought a sofa and loveseat for the living room, and a huge sectional couch for the basement. And the TV. The whole reason I bought a house in the first place was so I can buy a kick ass TV. And when I found a house with a BAR in the basement, I knew I found a home for a great TV. I'm glad the deliveries didn't show up until late afternoon, if they were there in the morning I would not have gotten anything done all day!

I am still *slightly* bummed that I am not in Vegas right now. This was supposed to be the week (actually, 10 days) that I was going to be out there for a poker bender, and then the Vegoose music festival. But alas, we bought the house and there was all this spackling, priming, painting, etc that had to be done. The adult thing to do was cancel the trip. Doesn't mean that I like being an adult. Stupid sexy responsibility! BUT, since I missed out on the Vegas trip, I decided that a few days of this "vacation" would be spent in beautiful Atlantic City. I'll be heading down in a few hours (I miss you already plasma TV!), Jess will head down after work, and we'll be meeting up with Jimmy and Jennie down there sometime this evening. I will be looking forward to getting some quality time in @ the poker tables. Jess will head back on friday during the day, I may stick around and see what kind of fishes swim in for a friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home