Thursday, September 21, 2006

Stressful times

It's been one hell of a week.

On saturday night, we got a call that Jess' dad was in the hospital after getting hit by a car while crossing the street. We rush down to the Hosptal of UPenn to find that he was brought into emergency surgery where they were trying to save his leg. Many hours later as the sun is rising on sunday morning, we get word that the operation went well, and with the help of a good amount of hardware, amputation was avoided. It was a looooong night. We're thankful that everything seems to have worked itself out, now we just keep our fingers crossed that there will be no infection (always an issue with multiple compound fractures), and that recovery will be as pain free as possible.

So of course being up all night saturday, I slept through a good portion of the Eagles-Giants game on sunday, but I was very happy with the result. Living as a Giants fan in Philadelphia can be unbearable when the Eagles are victorious. Would you believe I haven't heard a peep out of those obnoxious Philly fans this week! I've actually behaved myself and haven't rubbed it in too much, with as brutal as that loss was.

Things are moving forward on the house front. We'll be homeowners in three weeks!!!!! That's really right around the corner. We're already freaking over mortgage payments- lol. We took a good look at our budget, looking for places where we could easily tighten up and save a few dollars here and there, and have come to the conclusion that we spend WAY too much money every month on cigarettes. Between the 2 of us, we figured that we were wasting $300 a month. So on Monday, we both quit cold turkey. She hasn't missed it too much yet as she has had a cold and probably wouldn't be smoking while she is sick anyhow. I, on the other hand, have been an absolute *JOY* to be around the last 72 hours (~sniff~sniff~ smell that people??? the sarcasm is strong with this one) Especially with the events of last weekend, it may not have been the best timing in the world, but there's no time like the present. There's no doubt in my mind that I am now a non-smoker...... but these next few weeks aren't gonna be pretty.

This weekend is the big "Bash at the Boat", thrown by one Mr. Al Can't Hang and associates. I am looking forward to the festivities and meeting a few bloggers whose writing I enjoy on a daily basis. Of course, nobody will know who the hell I am, but that's their problem, not mine. I'd like to thank Al for putting me on the list of attendees on his blog, in turn pimping out this site to anyone desperate enough to work their way 30 deep into a list of blogs, looking for something decent to read. Not that they found that here. ANYHOW, I'll be heading over to the Boathouse after I get out of work on saturday evening, and will be throwing back copious amounts of alcohol with some fine fine people. From what I imagine, it will be a wild and crazy evening. I hear there will even be sorority pledges on call to act as designated drivers. Sorority girls, is there anything they can't do???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home