Thursday, October 12, 2006

The good and the bad

Overall, it's been a good week.

The positives:
*My back is feeling much better, maybe not 100 percent, but definitely 100 times better than it was the past 2 weeks.
*The New York Football Giants got their act together against the Redskins and went to 2-0 in the NFC East. I was able to get up to the game (thanks Jimmy!) and had a blast. I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank my wife, who allowed me to leave her stranded at the airport Sunday morning, so I could drive up to the Meadowlands for the game. She's the best.
*While the past few weeks on the virtual poker tables has been pretty brutal, I had a mini breakthrough of sorts in my Multi Table Tourney play. Well, whether it's a breakthrough, variance, or dumb-ass luck I do not know, but whatever it is, I'll take it. On Tuesday morning I finished 7th out of 425 in bodog's 1am $4000 Guaranteed, and tonight I just finished up the same $4000 G'teed tourney in 4th place (out of 395). 2 final tables in 3 days, not too shabby if I do say so myself. I would have been poised to make a run @ first place tonight, I was 2nd in chips and went out when my KK was cracked by the chip-leaders AQ.
*It's been over 3 weeks since I quit smoking. I've struggled at times, but I'd say 80% of the time it's not an issue. Unfortunately, that leaves 20% of the time when I am ready to physically harm someone.
*And last, but certainly not least, tomorrow we officially become homeowners!!!! We have the final walkthrough tonight, and then closing is friday morning. Excited, anxious, and nervous would accurately describe the mood around Jess and I.

The Negatives:
*The Yankees...... need I say more? And then the odd, tragic story of Cory Lidle. =(
*Several friends of mine have lost loved ones this week. My heart goes out to you. You know who you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home