Thursday, May 11, 2006

Card Dead

I've seen enough 8-3 offsuit in the last six hours to last me a month. Tonight was one of those frustrating evenings that is a test to see if I really do have the patience to fold for hours at a time. I'm not sure if you could say that I passed with flying colors, but in the past I would have lost a lot more of my bankroll that I did tonight, so I suppose that's a positive. Although if one day turns into three days, which turns into a week, I am sure I am gonna lose my head eventually. Just another part of my game I need to work on, having enough patience and discipline to look at it as one long session. Looking at the big picture, I've had a damn good week, up $550 bringing the bankroll to just over $2000. And considering where I was just 3 weeks ago, I have nothing to complain about.

I think I need to plan a trip to AC soon to work on my live game. I have a home tourney ($100 buy in, expecting about 50 people or so) coming up next weekend, and can stand to sharpen my skills. At these tourneys, we usually convince a few of the wives & girlfriends to deal, and we require that the winners tip them out at the end of the night for their efforts. Jess has always enjoyed the experience and the extra couple of $$ in her pocket, and was planning on dealing next weekend. Today she told me that she wasn't sure if she wanted to do it this time around, given the recent circumstances. (See my previous entry if you haven't read that yet.) Of course I told her she was just being silly, and I wanted her to go- but she's not convinced. That really puts the pressure on me to do well if she does attend.... we need to put this behind us. Of course if she decides not to go, I may just have to throw the tournament- I couldn't imagine her reaction should I cash after she stayed away! Just the fact that she had asked me if I would prefer if she not deal has me *slightly* concerned that she is reading into this too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home